2-15 ounce cans garbanzo beans
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
¾ cup tahini paste
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Drain the beans, reserve ¼ cup liquid and rinse beans.
2. Using a food processor or blender, add beans and puree while slowly streaming olive oil. Add some of the reserved liquid if beans are blending smoothly.
3. On a cutting board roughly chop garlic clove, add pinch of salt and using the flat side of a chef knife flatten and crush garlic until a paste forms.
4. To the pureed beans, add garlic paste, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Blend until smooth.
5. Using a spatula transfer hummus to a serving bowl or shallow dish. Garnish with olive oil. Serve with pita chips