- 2-15 ounce cans garbanzo beans
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Drain the beans, reserve ¼ cup liquid and rinse beans.
2. Using a food processor or blender, add beans and puree while slowly streaming olive oil. Add some of the reserved liquid if beans are blending smoothly.
3. On a cutting board roughly chop garlic clove, add pinch of salt and using the flat side of a chef knife flatten and crush garlic until a paste forms.
4. To the pureed beans, add garlic paste, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Blend until smooth.
5. Using a spatula transfer hummus to a serving bowl or shallow dish. Garnish with olive oil. Serve with pita chips